Welcome to the Thoughts and Ramblings of Steve. I blog and podcast about accessibility, disability, assistive technology, all things tech and the general crazy adventure that is my life. I hope you find this space of value, or perhaps even just a bit amusing, and hope you’ll join in the discussion.
Subscribe via Email
Want to receive new posts directly in your Email? Simply enter your Email address below and choose the subscribe button.
- Playing around with Aiko, an amazing, accessible transcription app for Mac and iOSI recently heard about this fantastic app, available for both Mac OS and iOS, called Aiko which leverages AI technology to transcribe audio. What sets Aiko apart from similar solutions though include, in part: I was excited to test out this fascinating technology and so to really put it through it’s paces, in a sub-optimal […]
- When Success Means Buying a Smaller SuitRecently, I got to participate on the Parallel podcast talking about, of all things, accessibility and fitness. The reason I phrase it this way is that anyone who knows me probably knows that fitness and I don’t normally go together in the same setence, let alone the same podcast. From the show description: Starting or […]
- Tennessee high school students build robotic hand for classmate | Tennessee | The GuardianI don’t often share individual links via this blog, but I came across this story and, well, it was just nice to come across something positive for a change, so I thought I’d share. What an awesome real-world problem for young students to tackle. I hope more schools come across this and search for more […]
- 100 Days of SwiftUI, my foray into understanding a bit more about how iOS worksEver since I was able to accessibly use an iOS device, an iPhone 3GS, I’ve imagined how awesome it would be to be able to develop my own applications. That excitement was very short lived though as I soon became aware of just how complicated developing an application really is. It’s a very involved process […]
- The Ultimate Blog Challenge for October 2022 and a brief introMany of you might remember that last year, I took part in something called the Ultimate Blog Challenge, a challenge that encourages bloggers to post every day over a given month. I really enjoyed the experience which not only helped me to write more regularly, but which also gave me the opportunity to connect with […]