Welcome to the Thoughts and Ramblings of Steve. I blog and podcast about accessibility, disability, assistive technology, all things tech and the general crazy adventure that is my life. I hope you find this space of value, or perhaps even just a bit amusing, and hope you’ll join in the discussion.
Subscribe via Email
Want to receive new posts directly in your Email? Simply enter your Email address below and choose the subscribe button.
- An email attack, a Hilton hack, and a few lessons learned.I’d love to say it was a dark and stormy night, but the afternoon of August fourth started off like any other. I was busy working when I received an email on my personal email account, we’ve all gotten these sorts of emails, they say something like, “Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter, click […]
- It’s a boat! It’s a tank! It’s the physical description of the Nokia X100 budget phoneIn my last post, I mentioned that I would provide a physical description of the Nokia X100, the budget phone I’m using to re-discover Android. As of this writing, T-Mobile offers the X100 for $252, however promotions can bring this price down even further. When I first beheld the Nokia X100, my initial impression was […]
- Diving into Android, a journey of rediscoveryAs those of you who may have followed this blog for a while probably know, every few years or so, I generally switch my primary mobile operating system between iOS and Android. I’ve done this for a few reasons, first because I feel it’s important that I keep up with how each operating system is […]
- Tip: Does the FaceTime control bar sometimes get in your way? There’s an accessible way to dismiss it.One of the new features introduced in iOS15 is this call control bar which provides FaceTime audio controls across the top of the iOS screen during a FaceTime audio call. I actually really like this new control bar because it gives me the option to mute/unmute from wherever I am and for me, this is […]
- Sharing: New trend in tactile currenciesI recently came across this fascinating post which I am sharing because I think it might be of interest to my own readers.tactile markings on currency is something that has fascinated me for a while and this post is a fantastic explanation and historical account of it. I definitely encourage anyone with interest in the […]